A five day course certificated by examination, covering:
- health and safety at work;
- pollution control regulations;
- ‘M’ notices;
- international conventions;
- dry docking procedures;
- planned maintenance;
- hull and machinery surveys;
- voyage planning;
- fire prevention, explosive mixtures and sources of ignition;
- ship construction (terminology and stresses);
- damage control, flooding and sub-division;
- fuel consumption
Due to the large amount of material to be learnt, a substantial amount of pre-course study is required, and candidates are advised to spend at least 6 weeks working on the course material supplied when enrolling onto the course.
Current Course Fee: £1025.00 – includes lunch and morning/afternoon refreshments.
+ current SQA exam fee: £200.00
It should be noted that written exam pass certificates have a validity of only three years. If your module pass certificates are more than 3 years old when you apply for an NoE or pass your oral exam you will have to submit new pass certificates to the MCA before they will issue an NoE or CoC. This excludes Y2 General Engineering Science I & II.
click here for course dates
email email@example.com to book this course