This 5 day course runs at Lairdside Maritime Centre in Birkenhead, 20 minutes from Hoylake.
The course provides generic training in the theory and use of ECDIS for those who will be in charge of a navigational watch on vessels equipped with ECDIS.
Candidates are assessed by formal examination
The main topics covered are:
- Principal types of electronic chart
- ECDIS data and it’s presentation
- Specific functions for route planning and monitoring
- Display and function of other navigational information
- Errors in displayed data and interpretation
- Integrity monitoring
- Documentation, risk assessment and back-up
Course Fee £1195.00 +VAT
click here for course dates